Dunedin Wants To Hear Your Voice On Charter, Term Limits
The Charter Review Committee is seeking public comment during a public meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 6 p.m., on the following issues or on any part of the City Charter they believe warrants discussion. Meeting is in the Commission Chambers at City Hall.
1) Consider Term Limits
- The number of terms an elected official may serve (i.e. two terms or three terms)
- If completed the number of terms, the conditions for running again
- If a Commissioner runs for Mayor might his term begin again
2) Amend Section 3.01 City Commission to required training for elected officials
3) Amend Section 3.05 Mayor and Vice-Mayor, to insert a sentence at the end of the paragraph to read “In no case shall a commissioner serve a consecutive term as Vice-Mayor.”
4) Amend Section 3.06 Vacancies; Forfeiture of Office; Filling of Vacancies, item (b)(3) to expand upon the definition of conviction, with regard to forfeiture of office, to include if adjudication is withheld or if the person pleads no contest.
5) Amend Sections 4.02 City Clerk, 4.03 City Attorney and 4.03 City Auditor to require their removal by a super majority instead of a simple majority .
6) Any questions or concerns about other areas of the City Charter.
COPIES OF THE CITY CHARTER will be available at no charge to the public at City Hall and the City Clerk’s Office for those who wish to participate.