Five Dunedin Students Awarded In Diversity Week Essay Contest
City Commissioners recognized five students Jan. 20 for winning Dunedin Public Library’s Diversity Week-themed essay contest, "Youth Leadership: The Key to Advancing the Dream."
Acting Dunedin Public Library director Phyllis Gorshe said five winners were selected from 40 submitted essays and were announced at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Breakfast and March on Jan. 15.
Three of the five winners were present to be recognized at the City Commission meeting on Jan. 20.
The five essay winners are:
- Caitlyn Coleman, 10, of Curtis Fundamental Elementary
- Amanda Coleman, 7, of Curtis Fundamental
- Ryan Fisher, 9, of Garrison-Jones Elementary School
- Meghan P., 10, of Academie Da Vinci Charter School (last name omitted upon request of the parent), and
- Robert Williams, 13, of Dunedin Highland Middle School