Registration Begins for Free Driver’s Education Classes
Pinellas County Schools will offer free driver’s education classes this summer to public and private school students.
Registration begins Feb. 4, 2013.
There are two 10-day sessions. Classes in both sessions run from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Session one classes will be held June 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24 and 25. Session two classes will be held June 26, 27, July 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 15.
Students can choose from the following sites below:
To register, call the site directly at the number provided.
- Boca Ciega High School (note: Session one only), 924 58th St. S, Gulfport. Contact Bob Medici or Randy Shuman at (727) 893-2780, ext. 2158.
- Clearwater High School, 540 S Hercules Ave. Contact Tom Shaneyfelt or Pete Eagleson at (727) 298-1620, ext. 172.
- Countryside High School, 3000 State Road 580, Clearwater. Contact Kevin O’Sullivan or Scott Hernon at (727) 725-7956, ext. 2059.
- Dixie Hollins High School, 4940 62nd St. N, St Petersburg. Contact Lynn Keiser, George Johnson or Robert Stickney at (727) 547-7876, ext. 2073.
- Dunedin High School, 1651 Pinehurst Road. Contact Brian Bruch or Robert Beckman at (727) 469-4100.
- East Lake High School, 1300 Silver Eagle Drive, Tarpon Springs. Contact Robert Jenkins or Adam Tedora at (727) 942-5419, ext. 1070.
- Lakewood High School, 1400 54th Ave. S., St. Petersburg. Contact Anthony Givins or Sam Roper at (727) 893-2916.
- Largo High School, 410 Missouri Ave. Contact James Casey or David Angelo at (727) 588-3758, ext 2102.
- Northeast High School, 5500 16th St. N, St. Petersburg. Contact Dave Redding or Larry Rudisill at (727) 570-3138, ext 1133.
- Palm Harbor University High School, 1900 Omaha St. Contact John Baker or Vincent Parisi at (727) 669-1131, ext. 2250.
- Pinellas Park High School, 6305 118th Ave. N, Largo. Contact Ralph Young or Paul Hanson at (727) 538-7410.
- St. Petersburg High School, 2501 5th Ave. N. Contact Chris Blackwell or Dusty Boylson at (727) 893-1842.
Requirements and policies:
- Students must be at least 15 years old and possess a learner’s permit or operator’s license when the session begins.
- Two absences will result in an automatic withdrawal.
- Three tardies equals one absence.