5 Fun Weekend Events in Dunedin
What's going on in Dunedin that's not happening anywhere else? Let's see ... A rubber duck derby, a Celtic rock concert, art parties, and freebies for giving food donations!
1) Art Walk 3rd Friday: Meet some of the members of the Creative Artists Guild of Dunedin at a gallery just off the beaten path. Swing by the 7 Arches Art Gallery starting at noon. (Event details here.)
2) The First Dunedin Rubber Duck Derby: The kids and young at heart will really enjoy this family-friendly event at Weaver Park on Saturday. Purchase a rubber duck sponsorship for only $5 and cheer it on as it's released to race from the end of the pier to the shore. Sponsors of the first three ducks to reach the shore win prizes. (Event details here.)
3) Seven Nations Concert: Popular Celtic fusion rock band Seven Nations performs at Dunedin High School Saturday evening ($5 in advance, $7 at the door). The event is part of the school's 50th anniversary celebration. (Event details here.)
4) Dragonfly Garden's Spring Open House Party: A bunch of local artists and crafters are out at the Dragonfly Garden on Sunday to show off some of their work, eat food, have fun and enjoy live music with the Caladesi Steel Band. (Event details here.)
5) Fill the Patch RV with Food: Dunedin Patch is helping collect 2,000 pounds of food for hungry families. Bring a canned food item to the Dragonfly Garden Spring Open House Party on Sunday and Patch will donate $1 toward new equipment at Happy Tails Dog Park; adopt a Dunedin Doggie Rescue dog, and Patch will donate $10 to the new equipment. (Event details here.) Afterward, the Patch RV travels down Main Street for a bite at The Dunedin Smokehouse! Bring a canned good and get a free side item with your meal! (Event details here.)