5 Ideas for the Weekend in Dunedin: Sexy Red Dresses, Bargains Galore
Looking for something different to do on your weekend in Dunedin? We found five things to do that you may not have originally considered.
1. Friday Fish Dinners in Dunedin. Get your weekend going with a laidback feast of fried fish from one of the many offerings about town. Your Friday will never be the same.
2. Sidewalk Sale. This two-day event close to downtown, not far from the Green Market, promises great treasures for deal-hunters, inlcuding household items, antiques, jewelry, pottery and electronics.
- When: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 22 and 23, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: 329 Albert St.
3. Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit: "Journey Stories". Time is running out to check out this amazing exhibit on loan from the Smithsonian in Washington, DC. Take advantage of some weekend downtime and see it.
- When: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 22 and 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Dunedin Historical Museum, 349 Main St.
4. Skinny Girl Red Dress Party. Ladies and gents, that red dress hanging in your closet (or your girlfriend's closet) could win you big prizes. Eddie's is awarding the best dressed partygoers in RED on Saturday night for categories such as "Sexiest Red Dress," "Highest Heel" and "Best 'Dressed' Guy."
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 24
- Where: Eddie's Bar & Grill, 1283 Bayshore Blvd.
5. Dunedin Community Chorus Concert: 'The Footlite Follies Revue'. Catch your favorite compositions from musicals like "Fiddler on the Roof," "The Sound of Music," "West Side Story" and "The Music Man," as well as some originals at this free revue (donations accepted) meant to kick off Dunedin Community Chorus' 2013 season.
- When: Sunday, Feb. 24 at 3 p.m.
- Where:Dunedin Community Center 1920 Pinehurst Road
Stay up-to-date on all the local events in town with the free Dunedin Patch newsletter.