5 Things to Do in Dunedin This Weekend
Did you know you could spend time under the stars, build gardens or paint cars with your family and friends in Dunedin this weekend? See what other fun is on tap.
- When: Friday, Sept. 7; 7 p.m.
- Why Go? It's the perfect night for grabbing a lawn chair or blanket and enjoying quality time with good company under the stars with live music. The Legendary JC's are playing their fun jazz-rock-soul; beer and concessions are available; win raffle prizes; and you can meet some dogs in need of a home; free.
Intergalactic Exhibit Reception at Dunedin Fine Art Center
- When: Friday, Sept. 7; 6 p.m.
- Why Go? Artists from the latest Intergalactic exhibit are on hand to talk about their work, with food, drinks and live music; $5 for non-members.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 8; 8 a.m.
- Why Go? The Dunedin Community Gardeners could use a hand installing 15 new raised garden beds (one of which could be yours). The groups will have dessert and water available. Bring garden tools if you can; free.
Kid's ART Fest at Dunedin Fine Art Center
- When: Saturday, Sept. 8; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why Go? Florida Auto Exchange doanted a car on which kids can paint their own designs; Kiwanis Club of Dunedin is serving hot dogs; Astronaut Nicole Stott will give a presentation and sign autographs.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 9; 1 to 2 p.m.
- Why Go? If the spouse is watching football, you can spend your time learning the types of flowers that attract beautiful butterflies from the organic gardening experts; plus, it's free.