5 Things to Do This Weekend: Aug. 10-12
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Dunedin. What will you be doing?
1. 2nd Friday Wine and Art Walk. Enjoy an evening of wine tastings, gourmet foods and prizes this weekend. Purchase a $10 wristband at select locations to become eligible for special perks and prizes.
- When: Friday, Aug. 10; 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Dunedin, 730 Broadway
- How much: $10
2. Photography Exhibit: "Hot August Nights". This is a photography exhibit with a different photography perspective. Showcased photographers include Susan Duda, Elizabeth Faubert, Jim Goins, Stu Harrison, Kathy Lerche, Candace Spathelf, Steven Whalen and Jeremy Landau. Visitors can also enjoy the nine artist-in-residence studios.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 11; 12-3 p.m.
- Where: Stirling Art Studios & Gallery, 730 Broadway
- How much: Free
3. World Pipe Band Championship. The city of Dunedin pipe band will be competing in Scotland on Saturday. Flanagan's will be streaming it live, so get on down and support your hometown.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 11; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Flanagan's Irish Pub, 465 Main St.
- How much: Free
4. Florida Red Cross Vintage Exhibit. Check out this exhibit of vintage Florida Red Cross posters and other items this weekend.
- When: Friday, Aug. 10; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: Dunedin Historical Museum, 349 Main St.
- How much: $2 suggested donation, free for kids age 11 and younger
5. Concert: Suncoast Barbershop & Community Chorus. This concert features traditional barbershop music along with patriotic songs in barbershop style.
- When: Sunday, Aug. 12; 3 p.m.
- Where: First Church of Christ Scientist Dunedin, 1650 Pinehurst Road.
- How much: Free, donations welcome