Back to the '80s Scavenger Hunt & Pub Crawl: What to Know
Here's everything you need to know for the Back to the '80s Scavenger Hunt & Pub Crawl Fundraiser in downtown Dunedin on Saturday.
It's time to dig those the neon leggings, slap bracelets and parachutte pants out of the closet. The 1980s are back in a big way this weekend in Dunedin.
The third annual Back to the '80s Scavenger Hunt and Pub Crawl Fundraiser includes costume contests, face painting and more. It must be fun, because it was voted as the No. 9 event fundraiser in the Tampa Bay Business Journal's "Best in the Biz" Readers' Choice Awards last year.
1) When/Where: Saturday, July 21; 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.; meet at Pioneer Park, 420 Main St.
2) To Participate: Either register online in advance or the night of the event (starting at 5 p.m.). The cost $15 for the pub crawl and anywhere from $50 to $75 to join the team scavenger hunt (price includes pub crawl drink tickets; minimum of two participants required). All proceeds benefit Family Network on Disabilities, a Dunedin-based non-profit serving special needs families all over the nation.
3) What to Expect: Costume contest, live music from Rubix Cubed (dubbed "the southeast's biggest band") at the Dunedin Brewery starting at 9 p.m., face and glitter painting, Leanne the Hula Guru, a caricature artist, just to name a few.
4) Parking/Transportation: The Jolley Trolley operates until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Bicycle racks are located at intersection of Pinellas Trail and Main Street, and also at various locations downtown. Public parking lots are at the following locations —
- Douglas Avenue (across from Dunedin Brewery)
- Highland Avenue (behind Paris Hair)
- At the Dunedin Municipal Marina
- At the corner of Main Street and Douglas Avenue (across from Pioneer Park)
5) Making Memories: Here's a link to some 1980s fashion trends to help generate costume ideas. Be sure to take lots of pictures and send them to email@example.com to have them featured on Dunedin Patch!
See what else is going on in the Dunedin Patch events calendar!