After two rainouts from Tropical Storm Debby, the inaugural Dunedin Blue Jays' Chili Cook-off this Sunday is sure to excite your appetite. Here's what's to know if you go.
1) When/Where: Sunday, July 29, 4 to 8 p.m. Gates open at 4 p.m. First pitch is at 5 p.m. Florida Auto Exchange Stadium, 373 Douglas Ave.
2) Weather: With Tropical Storm Debby long gone, fans are looking at lovely weather for the double rain-out event. National Weather Service calls for partly cloudy skies, a high of 88 and low of 74.
3) Who's Coming? About six local restaurants are slated to participate, including Cricketers Pub and Eddie's Bar & Grill. About six other entries are participating as individuals, including Dunedin Patch.
4) Cost: $10, includes a ticket to the Dunedin Blue Jays vs Charlotte Stone Crabs game and all-you-can-eat chili tasting. Proceeds from the chili tasting will benefit RCS Food Bank.
5) For the Kids: The event is free for children age 12 and younger.
Check the Dunedin Patch events calendar to see what else is going on this weekend.