5 Things to Know Today: Friday, Jan. 20
Mostly sunny, Chinese New Year, cheap gas, healthy pets, and more.
1) What to wear? Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 73. Tonight it will be partly cloudy with a low around 58, according to the National Weather Service.
3) Does your pet need a checkup?
- The Pinellas Humane Society will offer a low cost wellness clinic this Saturday, Jan. 21 from noon until 2 p.m. at 3040 State Route 590, Clearwater. The basic vaccine and wellness package for dogs is $55 and for cats $35. Individual service prices are also available.
- Plus, the Animal Hospital of Dunedin shared some pet First Aid tips.
4) Green Market & Chinese New Year.
- Buy your veggies and other local products at the Green Market downtown today and tomorrow. The market is from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. in Pioneer Park, 420 Main Street.
- Join the Chinese New Year Celebration tonight in Pioneer Park from 7 until 8:30 p.m.The event is part of Dunedin's Diversity Week- a kick-off to a year of unity celebrations.
5) Do you need postage stamps? Swing by the post office before prices increase on Sunday. Read about the price increases and mobile phone applications, which could allow you to skip a trip to the post office.