5 Things to Know Today: Friday, June 1
Free doughnut giveaways today! Also, a few things for the weekend!
1) You'll need your umbrella today! Rain showers and thunderstorms are keeping us cool throughout the day. The high is 83, according to the National Weather Service.
3) In honor of National Doughnut Day, some area shops are giving out free doughnuts today! Where can you get a free doughnut today?
- Get one at Dunkin' Donuts with any drink purchase. We have two Dunkin' Donuts in Dunedin: one at Bayshore Breeze Gas Station, 2600 Bayshore Boulevard, and one at 1461 Main St., next to the Anytime Fitness.
- Or get a doughnut from Krispy Kreme on U.S. 19 in Palm Harbor (no purchase necessary).
4) Stephanie Anderson kicks off the first ever Sunset Music Series this evening at Weaver Park with some blues, funk, folk and acoustic. The event is free and open to the public each Friday in June. Bring lawn chairs!
5) Sunday you can join the party at the Dunedin Smokehouse, get specials on local brews and enjoy a live bluegrass jam, all to benefit the Dunedin Community Garden. "Grillin' for the Garden" starts at 2 p.m., and you can participate in raffles for prizes (need not be present to win).