5 Things to Know Today: Monday, April 2
Know what to expect as you go about your day.
1) What's the weather? The National Weather Service forecasts that today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Tonight's low is 70 with winds becoming calmer.
2) Need a cheap fill-up? The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.81 (cash, regular) at the Super Shop, 1001 Broadway, on TampaGasPrices.com. If you use credit, that price is $3.87, according to prices reported on Dunedin Patch.
3) Say goodbye to Spring Training. The Toronto Blue Jays play their last game of the Grape Fruit League against the Detroit Tigers at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium on Tuesday at 12:05 p.m. Also up this week: The Minor League Dunedin Blue Jays celebrate their home opener against the Clearwater Threshers on Thursday with the Black Honkeys (after the game). (Get ticket info here.)
4) Art from the Heart Cafe and Dunedin Smokehouse face off in the championship round of the "Reader's Choice: Best Customer Service" tournament. You can vote by leaving a comment or review for your favorite until noon Wednesday. Then Dunedin Patch will crown the champion (figuratively ... we don't really have a crown). (Here's how to cast your vote.)
5) Tuesday is the last fiddle jam in Pioneer Park! Trina Clickner, the woman who initiated a winter's worth of weekly string jams, announced that she's throwing the last jam of the season on Tuesday at noon. Open for spectators and musicians. Just bring your stringed instrument!