5 Things to Know Today: Saturday, Jan. 7
Everything you need for the weekend: downtown happenings, cheap gas, weather and tide times. Also, please remember to vote and help us win $100K for our kids' schools!
1) First thing real quick: Vote for this Palm Harbor man's holiday lights, then remind your friends. It takes all of two clicks and it could help get $100K for our kids; schools if he wins! We can do this! Vote each day! Contest ends Jan. 8. Vote here.
2) What's the weekend haps? Dunedin Green Market today (opens at 9 a.m.) This afternoon and into the evening, Dunedin's newest brewery, Seventh Sun Brewing Company, pours from it's first batch (2 p.m.). On Sunday, the City of Dunedin Pipe Band performs at Pioneer Park for an hour-long, free show (1:30 p.m.).
4) What to wear? This weekend, the sun is warming us back up to the 70s during the day. Tonight and Sunday night are expected to be in the mid 50s, according to the National Weather Service.
5) Has the temperature warmed enough for a boating, fishing or kayaking adventure? Thanks to Friends of the Island Parks, here are your weekend tide times:
- Low: 5:09 a.m. (-0.5) and 4:50 p.m. (1.1)
- High: 11:41 a.m. (2.0) and 10:24 p.m. (2.6)
- Low: 5:47 a.m. (-0.6) and 5:33 p.m. (1.0)
- High: 12:16 p.m. (2.1) and 11:06 p.m. (2.6)