5 Things to Know Today: Thursday, Feb. 2
Here's what's new in Dunedin on this Groundhog Day 2012.
1) What to wear? With a forecast of partly sunny skies and a high near 80, poor ol' Punxsutawney Phil probably wishes he lived in Dunedin. Tonight's low is about 62, according to the National Weather Service.
2) Need to fill up on the cheap? The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is$3.44 (cash, regular) at the Super Shop, 1001 Broadway (TampaGasPrices.com).
3) The Dunedin Fine Art Center honors Pinellas County student artwork in its "creative stART!" exhibition, running through Feb. 20, in the Kokolakis Family Gallery. This, the second installment, features 74 works from 24 public elementary schools in Pinellas County.
4) The Homeless Emergency Project, a nearby homeless rehabilitation program, is one of the benefactors in the Tampa Bay Pro-Am golf tournament (April 9 to 15) at TPC Tampa Bay in Lutz. Among some of the professional golfers making an appearance: Tommy Armour III, Andy Bean, Tom Wargo, Rod Spittle and Sandy Lyle. Tickets are available; call 813-265-4653.
5) Mark your calendars for Saturday to bring your old, unused or outdated electronics and chemicals to Dunedin High School (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.) to be recycled for free.