5 Things to Know Today: Thursday, June 21
The cheapest gas in town is at ...
1) Looks like we've got more showers and thunderstorms on the way today, according to the National Weather Service. Expect them around noon. Otherwise, we're lookin' at clouds and a high near 88. Showers continue into the evening. Low is 76.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin on TampaGasPrices.com is $3.19 at three gas stations:
- Valero (cash, regular), 3000 Belcher Road
- Dodge's Chicken Store, 466 Patricia Ave.
- Super Shop (cash, regular), 1001 Broadway
3) Today is National Go Skateboarding Day! Check out what's going on locally! (Psst. There's chances to win prizes and really cheap opportunities to skate!)
4) A senior healthcare service is looking for volunteers who can help explain Medicare, Medicaid, insurance and other healthcare-related programs to elderly individuals. If you would like to find out more about Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders (SHINE), call 1-800-963-5337 or email Susan Samson at email@example.com.
5) The City Commission meets tonight (6:30 p.m.) at City Hall. They'll be discussing when to move up the qualifying deadline for candidates, a new golf cart crossing at Edgewater Drive and Monroe Street, and recognizing city employee Jan Wagner for her retirement (among other things). Want to know more? Here's a link to the full agenda.