A microbrew powerhouse joined forces with 7venth Sun Brewing Company for a special celebratory release at Dunedin's Craft Beer and Crab Festival on Friday.
SweetWater Brewing Company and 7venth Sun release Hand Shandy, a "high-gravity Biere de Garde, brewed with black pepper, lemon zest and 'dry-hopped' with Lemon Verbena," according to a news release.
"I think people will really enjoy it and it will pair well with the Stone Crabs and seafood selection Olde Bay has prepared for the event," Justin Strange, co-owner at 7venth Sun said in the news release.
Friday's release also marks the Atlanta-based company's introduction to the Tampa Bay-area market.
Strange and Devon Kreps, owners at 7venth Sun Brewing Company, are former employees at SweetWater, an Atlanta-based company that distributes in six states across the south. Their microbrewery opened on Broadway in Dunedin in December 2011.
Want to Go?
- When: Friday, Oct. 19, 2 to 10 p.m.
- Where: Edgewater Park in front of Olde Bay Cafe & Dunedin Fish Market
- On Tap: 7venth Sun, SweetWater, Dunedin Brewery, Tampa Bay Brewing, Cigar City Brewing and others
- Menu: Stone crabs, gulf coast boil, bratwursts, pulled pork, smoked mullet and fish tacos.
- Music: Moonlight Graham and the Black Honkeys