Armed Assailants, A Dunedin Guide for RNC Visitors and More on Patch This Week
OK, so you had a busy week. We understand. Let us catch you up on all the highlights!
1. With about 50,00 visitors expected for the GOP Convention this week in Tampa Bay, and several groups of delegates staying in Pinellas County, Dunedin Patch offers a handy guide of the businesses and attractions that newcomers have to check out. Have your own suggestions we forgot? Post them in a comment on the story and let everyone know what you love about Dunedin!
2. Isaac or no Isaac, it's a good idea to be ready in the event that a hurricane or tropical storm threatens Dunedin, and it's never too late to prepare. Here's what you need to know as you make your hurricane disaster kit.
3. We've crowned the winners in our 2012 Readers' Choice contest, spotlighting your picks for your favorite businesses and destinations in Dunedin. Disagree with the choices? Visit the Dunedin Patch business directory and post a review of your favorite.
4. Armed assailants pretending to be law enforcement kicked in a front door inside Windemere Apartments demanding the contents of a safe last weekend, and three to five assailants were still at large.
5. Builders are proposing new apartments and businesses for a long-vacant Main Street parcel that could attract a younger demographic to downtown Dunedin. What do you think of the Gateway plan?