Dunedin Teen on 'The Voice,' Obama Controversy at Dunedin High and More on Patch
OK, so you had a busy week. We understand. Let us catch you up on all the highlights!
1. Dunedin High teen singer Nathalie Hernandez wowed the celebrity judges on NBC's "The Voice" on Monday night, earning a spot on Christina Aguilera's team in the reality singing competition.
2. A complaint from a parent has prompted Dunedin High School to stop promoting a student volunteer opportunity tied to President Barack Obama, according to a media report. Was it the right call?
3. Patch asked the local candidates for mayor and City Commission Seat 3 what can be done to lure and spur development in Dunedin. Here are their responses.
4. Commissioners' eyebrows raised last week after mayoral candidate Bob Hackworth's strong commentary suggesting city leaders were disinterested in creating a domestic partnership registry. Hackworth said he was he was "ashamed of Dunedin" for its apparent "silence" on establishing a domestic partner registry during a Sept. 26 forum.
5. A hundred or more students and parents at Dunedin Elementary School walked through the rain early Wednesday morning for International Walk & Roll to School Day. Five other Dunedin schools also participated. Take any photos? Add them to our gallery!