Dunedin Watering Restrictions Announced
As of March 13, there are 18 watering restrictions in Dunedin.
Dunedin residents now have tougher watering restrictions as of March 13 due to after the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s Governing Board voted to increase water restrictions.
According to a news release, the board enacted Phase III restrictions for lawn watering, car washing and fountain use in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
These restrictions apply to well, pond and canal water sources in addition to the Dunedin water supply. These restrictions do not apply to reclaimed water, the city said.
See below for a partial of restrictions, which include what days you can water your lawn and how often.
- Addresses ending in an even number may irrigate only on Tuesdays.
- Addresses ending in an odd number or with no address may irrigate only on Fridays
- The hours of irrigation for users with an in-ground sprinkler system (whether manual or automatic) are from 12:00Midnight to 8:00 AM only, based on the watering schedule above.
- The hours of irrigation for users of manual equipment are limited to once a day based on the watering scheduleabove; either 12:00 midnight to 8:00 AM or 6:00 PM to 12 midnight.
- Hand-watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day; either 12:00 midnight to8:00 AM or 6:00 PM to 12 midnight.
- No irrigation is allowed on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
- Washing or cleaning of streets, sidewalks, driveways, or other impervious areas with water is prohibited.
- Outside pressure cleaning shall be restricted to only low volume methods.
- Car washing is limited to once per week based on the watering schedule above
For a full list of the 18 restrictions click here to visit the city's website.
Sign up for the Dunedin Patch email newsletter to get more top headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.