Easter Meals in Dunedin
There are a number of places to eat excellent holiday meals in the area this year.
Easter is a favorite holiday for many people, and not just because it is considered one of the holiest days on the Christian calendar.
The arrival of Easter coincides with the beginning of spring, and it gives people a reason to dress in colorful outfits and enjoy a hearty meal while in the company of friends and loved ones.
And, of course, it means egg hunts and chocolate bunnies for the kids.
This year, there are many places serving excellent Easter meals in the Dunedin area, so we decided to highlight a few. If you know of any we missed, please let us know in the comments below.
- What: A brunch menu featuring a carving station, a pasta station, an egg an omelette station and a fruit station with crepes. Plus live entertainment with gospel singer Derrick Williams
- When: Sunday, April 8, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Where: The Living Room, 487 Main St.
- Cost: $35 for adults, $15 for ages 6-12,free for kids 5 and younger
- Contact: 727-736-5202
- What: Bon Appetit is hosting an Easter buffet, complete with a menu full of items such as mussels in pomodori sauce, roast leg of lamb, omelettes made to order and an assortment of cakes, pastries and fruits. They are also offering a special five-course dinner menu.
- Where: 150 Marina Plaza
- When: Sunday, April 8, noon-6 p.m.
- Cost: Buffet: $39.95 plus tax & gratuity; Dinner: $45 plus tax & gratuity; half price for children younger than 10
- Contact: 727-733-2151
- What: A chef’s special brunch menu featuring eggs, French toast, omelettes and mimosas after 11.
- Where: 1 Causeway Blvd.
- When: Sunday, April 8 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Cost: $16.99
- Contact: 727-260-5506
- What: The Main Street eatery will offer a brunch and a dinner special on Easter Sunday. Brunch will feature eggs benedict, quiche and French toast, and dinner specials will include lamb chops and swordfish or Mahi mahi.
- Where: 319 Main St.
- When: Brunch, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; Dinner, 5 p.m.-close
- Cost: Brunch, $9.99-$14.99; Dinner, $19.99-$24.99
- Contact: 727-736-5284
For those of you who are thinking about waiting until the last minute to pick up dinner items or gifts, most stores such as Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, Walgreens, Winn Dixie and Sweetbay will be operating under their usual hours. Publix will be closed.