Family-Friendly Picks for Labor Day Weekend
Juggling your responsibilities, and entertaining the kids is no easy task. Here's a list of fun things to do with your children in Dunedin.
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
- Where/When: Highlander Park, 1920 Pinehurst Road; Friday, Sept. 2 from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Why Go? Bring your teens and share music from your era at this classic rock concert.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Art from the Heart Cafe, 730 Broadway; Every FIRST Friday morning at 10 a.m.
- Why Go? Spend some quality time with Mom or Grandma and paint some pottery together.
- Pricing: No studio fee for moms with a painting child.
- Where/When: 130 Burbank Road, Oldsmar; Saturdays at 6 p.m.
- Why Go? See the Tampa Bay Water Ski Show Team perform on Tower Lake. Bring the whole family to see this week's All American Show.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Dunedin Brewery, 937 Douglas Ave; Sunday, Sept. 2 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Why Go? Enjoy live music, vendors, cake, and raffles during this monthly dog-washing fundraiser for Dunedin Dog Rescue.
- Pricing: Dogs under 20 pounds, $7; dogs up to 50 pounds, $9; dogs up to 80 pounds, $11; dogs more than 80 pounds, $13.
- Where/When:Dunedin Golf Club, 1050 Palm Blvd; Monday, Sept. 5; 3 to 6 p.m.
- Why Go? This is a great opportunity to check out the club as it reopens for a special Labor Day Monday celebration. (It's been closed on Mondays all summer, and resumes its regular 7-day-a-week schedule in October.) Tee times may be available.
- Pricing: $19.95 per person
[Updated 5:35 a.m., Sept. 2, 2011]