For regular patrons at Cafe Alfresco, Chef Roger Grebe III's take on a classic Friday tradition is to dine for.
Grebe's own Friday fish fry inside the downtown eatery features all the comforts of regular restaurant service, with a friendly wait staff and a wide array of beverage options.
It's a convenient post-downtown shopping dinner stop for Friday pescatarians on the go. Of course, the restaurant features its regular menu on Fridays, too, but those looking for fried fish will only find it on special at Cafe Alfresco one night a week.
The Johnson and Wales-trained chef's beer-battered cod melts in your mouth. The cod comes out wrapped in a warm, thin, cake-like beer-batter Snuggie, accompanied by French fries, homemade coleslaw and tartar sauce.
Diners can sit inside and watch the hustle and bustle of quaint downtown Main Street or they can sit outside to take in views of bicyclists on Pinellas Trail under a big oak tree.
Catch it on special every Friday for $11.99 from 4:30 to 10 p.m.
Want to Go?
- When: Every Friday night from 4:30 until 10 p.m.
- Where: Cafe Alfresco
- Parking: Free, downtown Dunedin on Main Street or parking lot across from Pioneer Park
- Menu: Chef Roger's lightly beer-battered cod, served with French fries and coleslaw for $11.99, plus tax and tip.
Follow Dunedin Patch's weekly journey to various Friday night fish fries, or find one of your own Friday Fish Dinners to attend:
- Week 1: Abe Lincoln, Accordian and Fried Fish Await at VFW
- Week 2: Honeymoon Island Fish Fry: Coastal Views, Sandy Toes, Comfort Food
- Week 3: Knights of Columbus Fish Friday: Fellowship, Food Served Weekly
Sign up for the free Dunedin Patch email newsletter to stay connected to your community.