Question: What happens when you cross a classic fish fry tradition with a country fried chicken?
Answer: Eddie's Bar & Grill's all-you-can-eat Friday fish special.
The longtime roadside bar is a sports lovers dream. It has a full liquor bar, 40 beers on draft, a game room, outdoor patio and at least 50 HD TVs.
And on Fridays through March 29, the madness includes a heaping helping of its all-you-can-eat fish special for $16.99.
The cook serves up a giant portion of country-fried haddock fillet, the same type of fish predominantly used in Scottish dinners, paying homage to Dunedin's cultural ties.
It has a thick crispy breading much like the texture of a fried chicken breast, which nods to down-home Southern cuisine. But don't worry, the large haddock fillet doesn't taste like chicken. It's just as firm, yet flaky, as you'd want your white fish to be.
The meal is served with coleslaw, French fries, tartar sauce and a lemon. Want more?
The server will gladly bring another piece.
Want to Go?
- When: Every Friday night starting at 5 p.m.
- Where: Eddie's Bar & Grill
- Parking: Free
- Menu: Chicken-fried Haddock served with coleslaw, French fries, tartar sauce and a lemon for $16.99.
Follow Dunedin Patch's weekly journey to various Friday night fish fries, or find one of your own Friday Fish Dinners to attend:
- Week 1: Abe Lincoln, Accordian and Fried Fish Await at VFW
- Week 2: Honeymoon Island Fish Fry: Coastal Views, Sandy Toes, Comfort Food
- Week 3: Knights of Columbus Fish Friday: Fellowship, Food Served Weekly
- Week 4: Cafe Alfresco Cod Wrapped in Beer Batter 'Snuggie'
Sign up for the free Dunedin Patch email newsletter to stay connected to your community.