Real estate experts argue back and forth whether or not this is the time to buy a home. Proponents state that prices have flattened and will soon be on the rise again, while opponents contend the recession will worsen.
Despite what you hear, real estate is a longterm investment and the neighborhood is typically a major consideration. Given the market, buyers should be sure they purchase in a town they will enjoy for the next 10 or more years, not only for the potential appreciation of their home, but also because of the lifestyle it offers for their family.
Here are five things that make the Dunedin lifestyle so attractive:
- Boating and water sports in your own backyard. Dunedin is a great place to live if you like water activities. It is conveniently located on the St. Joseph Sound and two marinas allow you to store your boat on the water, provide boat ramps for do-it-yourselfers and offer fuel and food for your convenience.
- Recreation on the Pinellas Trail. If you are looking for biking and walking, look no further than the Pinellas Trail — 39 miles in all. The trail runs south from Tarpon Springs all the way to St. Petersburg. Dunedin residents can easily access 14 miles of it in town.
- Events downtown. It seems like there is always something going on in downtown Dunedin. Artists flurry to the multiple art exhibit and shows, and there are big downtown parties or commerce opportunities like Mardi Gras, the Green Market, blues festival, car shows, art and wine walks ... the list is endless! Bring the dog or the kids and walk around the downtown shops on the weekend. Chances are there will be a special event.
- Convenient to get to Tampa. Just 21 miles from Tampa, Dunedin residents can commute to work quite easily via State Road 580 or the Courtney Campbell Causeway. Tampa is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Lightning and a venue for concerts, allowing Dunedin residents easy access to the big city without having to live there.
- A nice mix of architecture. You'll find high-end waterfront estates, newer single family homes, condos and high rises, renovated historic bungalows, Mediterranean-style adobes, and mobile home parks.
Check out this estate home for sale in Dunedin:
- 109 Mira Vista Drive over-looking Honeymoon Island.
- It spans 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and more than 3,000 square feet.
- Upgrades include fireplace, balconies and a whirlpool tub.
- List price: $895,000.
Contact Lipply Real Estate Company at 888-423-5775 for more information.