Five Things to Know Today: Saturday, May 7
Reads well with coffee.
- Expect sunny skies, with a high near 83, according to the National Weather Service. The weather is perfect for grabbing a twilight round of golf at Dunedin Stirling Links; $9 after noon. Probably won't be many more opportunities to take advantage before the heat and humidity picks up for the summer.
- Support your Dunedin Blue Jays at Bright House Field in Clearwater. The D-Jays are ahead 1-0 on the series. Fireworks after the game. Starts at 6:30 p.m.
- If you went to an empty and quiet Pioneer Park looking for fresh avocado at the Green Market yesterday, try again today. You'll have better luck.
- Meet at Skip's today at noon to join in on the Cinco de Mayo trail ride. Bring your bike and and an appetite for beer.
- The Dunedin Highlander Pool celebrates its season opening with a picnic from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lots of activities and music, and free admission.