Five Things to Know Today: Saturday, Sept. 10
Plug in to your community. Get out and enjoy Dunedin and the quality of life we enjoy.
1) Today's weather? Per the National Weather Service, the rain continues. There will be scattered thunderstorms and rain all day, most of which should be in the afternoon. High should be 84. Precipitation is 50 percent and rains could be as much as a half-inch.
2) Need to fill up on the cheap? Dodge's Store at 466 Patricia Ave. has the lowest gas by a cent. Per GasBuddies.com, a gallon of gas at Dodge's Store is $3.48. At Rally located at 1621 Main St., a gallon of regular unleaded is $3.49 as of late Friday night.
3) Half off: The National Armed Services and Law Enforcement Memorial Museum will have a special half-off special today as it displays its special 9/11 exhibit. Price is $2.50 for adults and $1.50 for children.
4) Kids Art Fest: The family can celebrates the arts at the Dunedin Fine Art Center. Food, music and fun will highlight the day including a tour of the center.
5) USF football: Look, it's Saturday and it's September and you live in Florida. That means it's time for college football. Tonight, the South Florida Bulls, fresh off an upset win at Notre Dame last week and a team whom some experts expect to win the Big East and play in a BCS Bowl game, host Ball State at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. Kickoff is 7 p.m.