The weekend is here and there are all sorts of things to do in Dunedin today.
1. Weather: What beautiful weather for the start of the weekend, so predicts the National Weather Service. After a low of 64 last night, Friday comes with a mostly sunny day and a high of 84 under mile breezes. Winds pick up tonight with an expected low of 65.
2. Cheap gas: Super Shop regains the lead for the cheapest gas in Dunedin, per GasBuddy.com. Just after midnight this morning, a gallon of gas at Super Shop, located at 1001 Broadway, was quoted at $3.87 a gallon.
3. "Beach Blanket Bingo" at Pioneer Park: OK, so it may not be the beach but it's not that far away. Tonight at Pioneer Park, 420 Main St ., make sure to bring you blanket to watch a free showing of the campy 1960s classic, "Beach Blanket Bingo."
4. Dunedin Wine and Art Walk: Walk amid downtown and sample some of the best cheeses, foods and of course, wine, from some 40 merchants. For $10 walkers get the above, and more: a serenade from a Dunedin High School pipe band.
5. Green Market: Pioneer Park will be hopping all day beginning at 9 a.m. with a Green Market. Here, the foods and crafts all have an organic angle to promote eco-friendly living.