Five Things You Need to Know Today
Here are today's "Five Things You Need to Know," for Wed. April 11.
Road closures, sunny weather, cheap gas, a free beer glass and help with Medicade are just some of the things Dunedin residents need to know today.
1. McMullen-Booth Road southbound lanes closed: County officials now say the road closure of southbound lanes of McMullen-Booth Road between Tampa and Curlew roads due to a water main break will last "days." As a result, motorists are encouraged to use U.S. 19 North or Belcher Road as an alternative route.
2. Weather: Yet another fine day. Per the National Weather Service, after a pleasant night with a low of 64, the sunny day will warm things up to 81, though it will be breezy. Gets a little chilly tonight with a low of 58 expected.
3. Cheap gas: Super Shop continues to have the cheapest gas in Dunedin. The store, located at 1001 Broadway, was quoted as having a gallon of regular unleaded for $3.87 by GasBuddy.com early this morning.
4. Keep the glass: For beer lovers who enjoy sampling new and different types of microbeers, this night is for you! At the Dunedin House of Beer, 927 Broadway, by purchasing one of the following beers, the glass is yours: Stone IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, Stone Cali-Belgique IPA, Stone 11-11-11 Vertical Epic Ale, and Stone 2012 Old Guardian Barleywine.
5. Free Medicare counseling: The Dunedin Public Libraryhosts a program at 9:30 a.m. to help seniors navigate the sometimes complex maze of Medicare. A representative of the Florida Department of Elder Affairs SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) will be on hand to answer any questions. Interested parties are encouraged to call to make an appointment at (727) 298-3080 ext. 253. The program is free.