Five Things You Should Know Today
We found free handshakes from a real mayor and chances to win pizza or Mardi Gras VIP tickets.
- WEATHER: Looks like another pants or shorts day. With gusts up to 24 miles per hour, you might catch an embarrassing breeze if you wear a skirt or kilt. (Don’t say we didn’t warn you!) Other than that, mostly sunny, with a high near 77, according to the National Weather Service.
- The Toronto Blue Jays face the Pittsburgh Pirates at home today. Woo! See if you can find Dunedin's ballpark fixture Flip Donoghue, and thank him for his service. Game starts at 1:05 p.m. (The Jays logged their first win yesterday against the Rays, FYI.)
- Today’s WIN-WIN: Not only do you hear the inside scoop when Radio Dunedin host Lisa Dozois interviews Charley Belcher, from My FOX TV's Good Day Tampa Bay and Grand Marshal for Tuesday's Mardi Gras parade, you also get two chances to win some cool prizes. Tune in to WTAN 1340 AM or online at www.RadioDunedin.com/Listen-Live starting at noon and call in to win either two VIP passes to Dunedin’s big Mardi Gras festivities or a free pie from Bayshore Pizza. Like we said, win-win!
- Mayor Dave Eggers will be issuing FREE handshakes and “hellos” at the Green Market on Friday. Stop in at the City of Dunedin Information Center table in Pioneer Park from 10 a.m. to noon. While you’re there, you can pick up some fresh veggies or Florida honey.
- The Dunedin Parks and Recreation Department announced the rescheduled Weaver Park grand opening celebration. The original ceremony was postponed on account of heavy rain. It has now been rescheduled for March 26 at 4 p.m. Pencil it in, and hope for sunshine!