Full Escort Route for Fallen Dunedin Soldier Zack Shannon
The entire escort route planned for Dunedin soldier Spc. Zack Shannon on Monday, March 25.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is escorting fallen Dunedin soldier Spc. Zack Shannon from MacDill Air Force Base on Monday, March 25.
He will pass by Dunedin High School between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., according to officials. Dunedin residents and supporters are gathering along Pinehurst Road, near the entrance of his alma mater, in honor of Shannon's homecoming.
Shannon's remains are expected to touch down at approximately 10:30 a.m.
Hillsborough deputies anticipate leaving the base around 11:15 a.m.
Military officials and residents in Tampa will stand at attention in respect to Dunedin's fallen soldier along Bayshore Boulevard. Shannon is one of five soldiers who died when their helicopter went down in Afghanistan on March 11.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office issues this detailed fallen hero escort route:
- Leave MacDill AFB Bayshore Gate
- North on Bayshore Boulevard
- East on Platt Street Bridge
- North on Florida Avenue
- East on Jackson
- North on Jefferson
- West on E. Polk Street
- North on Ashley Street
- Southbound Interstate 275
- Exit State Road 60 West Tampa International Airport/ Clearwater
- Take State Road 60 West / Clearwater
- North on McMullen Booth Road
- West on State Road 580
- North on Pinehurst Road
- East on Michigan Boulevard
- North on County Road 1
- East on Curlew Road
- End at Curlew Hills Memory Gardens, 1750 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor
More on Dunedin Soldier Zack Shannon:
- Dunedin Soldier Zack Shannon's Service, Sacrifice a 'Source of Strength'
- 'Celebration of Life' Set for Dunedin Soldier Zack Shannon
- Soldier's Family Speaks: Shannon Willing to Go in Another's Place
Sign up for the free Dunedin Patch email newsletter to stay connected to your community.