Our lean, green Patch machine is reaching the end of its Tampa Bay tour, but not without having a little fun in Dunedin this Sunday and Monday!
We'd love for you to come say "hello," and we'd love it even more if you bring a canned food item for our Give-A-Ton Food Drive! (Our goal is to collect 2,000 pounds of food for hungry families in Tampa Bay.)
Here's a schedule of where we'll be (and what's in it for you!):
Patch RV Schedule
SUNDAY, May 20
Dragonfly Garden and Stirling Commons, noon to 3 p.m.
- Who'll really dig it: Artistans, crafters, dog-lovers, music lovers.
- What's happening: Dragonfly Garden has invited a bunch of local artists for some "show and tell" at an Open House Party worth attending. Ellen Schwanebeck has pulled out all the stops, with door prizes, special sales food, beverages and the tropic vibe of Caladesi Steel Band performing live. Plus, Dunedin Doggie Rescue is bringing some of its pups in need of a home. (Dunedin Patch has a special gift for each dog that gets adopted!)
- Why go? For every canned food item we collect during this event, we'll donate $1 to new agility equipment at Happy Tails Dog Park. Plus, for every Dunedin Doggie Rescue pup adopted, we're giving $10 to dog park improvements!
The Dunedin Smokehouse, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Who'll really dig it: Food lovers and hungry people.
- What's happening: We're parking our RV for a bite at the business voted BEST customer service in town!
- Why go? You can get a free side item if you bring a food drive donation.
MONDAY, May 21
Dunedin Bagels & Deli, 7 to 10 a.m.
- Who'll really dig it: Morning people, coffee lovers, commuters, fans of eating breakfast.
- What's happening: We're chillin' with our big RV for some breakfast with friends (that's you, silly!). Anyone up for a bagel and schmear?
- Why go? Get a free coffee if you bring a non-perishable donation for the Patch food drive!
Florida Auto Exchange Stadium, 6 p.m.
- Who'll really dig it: Parents, kids, sports fans, youth baseball and softball players.
- What's happening: We invite you to enjoy an evening at the ballpark, recapturing your youth and a little of America's pastime as the Dunedin Blue Jays face the Jupiter Hammerheads.
- Why go? Get a free voucher for a pair of tickets to a future Jays game if you bring a canned food item! And as a bonus, we're throwing in a free pizza party for The Dunedin Greater Little League team that brings the most players out to the game! (Be sure to sign in at the Patch tent to make your attendance count!)
If you can't make it to any events, you can still donate food to the cause. Just drop a non-perishable food item in a designated box at any one of the participating locations in town. We'll make sure it gets to the right place!
After Dunedin, the Patch RV continues its north Pinellas tour, picking up canned food all along the way. The next stops are in Largo, Clearwater and then, Palm Harbor! Help us reach our goal!
Want a Free T-Shirt?
If you spot the Patch RV around town, we'll give you a free Patch T-shirt! Just snap a photo of the Green Machine and upload it to our RV gallery by clicking the "Upload Photos and Videos" button above, or come up to the RV and say the secret phrase: "I spy something green." Everyone's a winner!