Here’s a list of this week’s events you can pick and choose from.
Some are clear winners that many parents may already know; others are little-known adventures that you and the kids are sure to enjoy. If you have ideas or suggestions, please let us know.
FAMILY BEST BETS OF THE WEEK
- Where/When: MLK Recreation Center, Wednesday at 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Youth ages 11 to 15 should be prepared to duck, dodge, and dive as fast as you can, because this match is not for the faint of heart!
- Pricing: Members: $2, Non-members: $3
- Where/When: Dunedin Public Library, Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Parents and grandparents can bring their youngsters ages 3 to 5 for playtime, filled with songs, stories, finger-plays, videos, and crafts
- Pricing: Free!
- Where/When: Art from the Heart Cafe, 730 Broadway. Friday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Take a break from your mommy and daddy duties this Friday, while your kids enjoy art, crafts, games, music, movies, pizza and more. Art from the Heart Cafe will host a special Valentine's party for kids ages 8 and older in a fun and safe environment. Registration is required.
- Pricing: $25 per child, plus a $15 studio fee.
- Where/When: Dunedin Lanes, 405 Patricia Ave. Friday and Saturday from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Families are invited to listen to great music, play games, win prizes and bowl all night on the glow-in-the-dark lanes.
- Pricing: $14 for all ages, price includes shoe rentals.
- Where/When: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 Highway 301 North, Tampa. Begins Thursday, Feb. 10th, Daily at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Bring your family to Tampa for the 2011 Florida State Fair, beginning Feb. 10. The week-long fair includes a wide range of family-friendly entertainment including live music performances, animals, and of course, midway rides! In addition, there will be a variety of food and drink vendors available throughout the fairgrounds.
- Pricing: Adults: $10-$12; Kids (ages 6 to 11): $5 to $6
- Where/When: Dunedin Public Library, 223 Douglas Ave. Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Kids will create an assortment of crafts, cards and more for family and friends in celebration of Valentine's Day.
- Pricing: Free!