Grab & Go Kids Planner: Top Family Picks for May 25 to 31
Check out all the kid-friendly things happening this week.
Juggling your responsibilities and entertaining the kids is no easy task. Dunedin Patch is coming to the rescue, with the top family-friendly activities in the area.
Here’s a list of this week’s events you can pick and choose from.
- Where/When: Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center, 550 Laura Lane; Wednesday nights 5:30 p.m.
- Why Go? Hoop Dancing is open to participants 16 years of age and older. This type of dance targets core and burns lots of fat and calories all while having a fun time.
- Pricing: $12 per class
- Where/When: Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center, 550 Laura Lane; Wednesday nights at 8 p.m.
- Why Go? Pre-teens 11 to 15 are welcome to participate in this fun and challenging competition each week.
- Pricing: Members $2; non-members $3
- Where/When: Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club, 981 Jerry Lake Court, Dunedin; Friday nights at 7 p.m.
- Why Go? Kids 8 to 18 are invited to attend this clinic hosted by University of Tampa assistant soccer coach, Don Tobin.
- Pricing: FREE
- Where/When: Kmart, 26996 U.S. Highway 19 N, Clearwater; Saturday, May 28 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Why Go? Parents and kids alike will enjoy speaking to representatives from the SS American Victory Mariners Museum. Learn about the World War II ship in the Channelside area of Tampa. If you like what you learn, you can plan a trip to Tampa with the kids to take a tour of the ship.
- Pricing: FREE
- Where/When: Florida Auto Exchange Stadium, 373 Douglas Ave, Dunedin. Tuesday, May 31 at 7 p.m.
- Why Go? Dunedin Blue Jays take on the Palm Beach Cardinals at home in the first of a four-game series. It's $1 popcorn night!
- Pricing: $6; Game-day promotion: Buy one, get one tickets with a Kraft Singles cheese wrapper.