Halloween Near Tragedy for Baby Rescued From Pool
A Dunedin toddler's father arrived home from work Halloween evening to find his wife performing CPR on their daughter after she was found face down in a pool.
Daddy is his little girl's hero after she nearly drowned in a pool on Halloween night, authorities say.
A Dunedin mother was looking at a turtle inside a fish tank, located outside on the family's pool deck off of Solon Avenue, with her 18-month-old little girl shortly before 5 p.m. on Halloween evening, Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies say.
The toddler's mother Christina Chapman, 36, told deputies that an older child inside called for "Mom," and she went inside, leaving the 18-month-old unattended for just a few minutes.
She returned to find her daughter floating face down in the pool. Christina Chapman pulled the little girl from the pool, yelled for help and began CPR.
A 911 call from a neighbor was placed at approximately 5:10 p.m., authorities report.
The little girl's father Dane Chapman, a nurse, arrived home from work to find his wife performing CPR on their daughter. Chapman, 38, immediately took over for his wife, and was able to revive the girl.
Dunedin Fire & Rescue arrived to find the young girl had regained consciousness, according to deputies. She was airlifted to All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg as a precaution, authorities report.
The investigation ongoing.