Time is running out to find that perfect holiday gift.
To help spur your gift-giving ideas and keeping in the "Shop Local" spirit, Patch is showcasing one hot item from Dunedin's Mom and Pop shops each day until Dec. 25.
- Items: "Yesteryear I Lived in Paradise," by Myrtle Scharrer Betz and "My Nature Nook," by Dr. W. S. Blatchley
- What Makes it a Perfect Gift? "Yesteryear ..." is written by a local woman reflecting on what it was like growing up on Caladesi Island during the early 1900s. It is sold at the Dunedin Historical Museum, the Palm Harbor Museum, and Honeymoon Island and Caladesi State parks. "Nature Nook" is the diary of a man writing on life in Dunedin during the early 1900s.
- Price tag: Paperback versions range between $21.40 to $26.75. Hardcover versions range between $32.10 and $107.
- Store Hours: Dunedin Historical Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Honeymoon Island State Park Rotary Nature Center is open daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Historical Society Unveils Dr. Blatchley's 'Nook' Book
- Dr. Blatchley's 'Nature Nook' To Be Re-Printed, Preserved
- Vice Mayor Portrays Ghost of Historic Dunedin Figure
- Local Voice: Less Than 60 'Nature Nook' Books Remain
Read more about local businesses and get other headlines delivered to your inbox or smartphone by signing up for the free Dunedin Patch email newsletter.