Holiday Lamp Post Winners Announced
Dunedin's annual holiday-decorating lamp post contest saw 40 entrants from restaurants, businesses, civic groups, churches, and city departments. Winners were announced at Dunedin's Holiday Parade and Old Fashioned Christmas.
Judges named winners in Dunedin's holiday lamp post decorating contest this week.
The annual contest saw 40 entrants this year from restaurants, businesses, civic groups, churches, and city departments decorating lamp posts in time for Dunedin's Holiday Parade and Old Fashioned Christmas.
Judges Kim Rohr, Wendy Barmore, and Joan McHale, city employee, helped pick winners in six categories, including "Best Overall" and "Best Holiday Spirit."
More than 90 lamp posts are available to decorate.
The contest is free to enter, except for a $10 identifying "plaque," and the overall winner gets to display a silver trophy all year long.
Bob Ironsmith, city community redevelopment agency director, announced the 2012 winners at Pioneer Park during the Old Fashioned Christmas.
Congratulations to this year's winners:
City of Dunedin Traffic & Engineering Department, "Dunedinville"
Best Holiday Spirit
Creative Graphics, "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"
- Second Place: Cappuccino's Altro Posto Cafe, "Alice in Wonderland"
- Third Place: Ace Hardware, "Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory"
Best of Restaurants: Casa Tina, "Holiday Cactus"
- Second Place: Serendipity Cafe, "Lucy from Peanuts Nutrition Advice"
- Third Place: Kelly's, Chic-a-Boom Room and Blur, Martini glass decor
Best of Churches: First United Methodist Church of Dunedin
Best of Civic Groups: Dunedin Boat Club
- Second Place: Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club
- Third Place: Dunedin Windlasses
Best of City Departments: City of Dunedin Traffic & Engineering Department, "Dunedinville"
- Second Place: Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center's After School Program, "Shooting Stars"
- Third Place: Dunedin Public Library, "Pete the Cat"