Know Your Neighborhood Before You Buy
Five things to consider when choosing your neighborhood.
Buying a home is a big decision. Choosing the right neighborhood for your family is just as important as the style and size of the home. Here are a few things to consider when house hunting:
1) Lifestyle. What does the neighborhood offer in terms of amenities? Is there a clubhouse for the kids birthday parties? How about a pool or playground for weekend recreation? Fitness center? Golf course? Consider how your family enjoys spending time to make sure the neighborhood you select meets your needs.
2) Future Value. You may not be a golfer, but golf course communities tend to have higher resale values than non-golf course communities. Have your agent research sales trends to evaluate the price stability of your neighborhood.
4) Day and Night. The afternoon showing may have you sold with quiet images of tree-lined streets and neighborhood kids playing at the park. Go back to the neighborhood at night and on the weekend to see if you still feel warm and fuzzy. You may be surprised to see crowded streets and noise you were not exposed to mid afternoon.
5) Convenience. Is there a gas station at the corner? How far a drive will you be to your children's school, the Wal-Mart or Publix? Is Pinellas Trail nearby? You will appreciate the convenience of your location once you move in.
This week's featured home for sale in Dunedin is a newly listed home near the Dunedin Golf Club.
The home at 712 Michigan Blvd (beware of roadwork) is going to be sold at AUCTION in October. It is a beautiful home in Dunedin Isles Country Club. The home features:
- Three bedrooms, two baths and approximately 1900 square feet,
- Beautiful brick paver patio with pool and spa,
- Spacious and updated kitchen, and
- Large shaded yard.
The starting bid is $125,000.
Call Prudential Tropical Realty at 813-317-5711 for information.