Nathalie Hernandez to Sing at Skin Cancer Fundraiser
Nathalie Hernandez, a Dunedin student who appeared on this season's early episodes of NBC's "The Voice," is guest singing during the fundraiser for Operation Sunshine.
Local physicians — and Dunedin High's Nathalie Hernandez — are taking the stage to help raise money for skin cancer prevention on Nov. 10.
Six bands compete for the title of "Doctor Idol Tampa Bay" at the Innisbrook Resort & Golf Club in a fundraiser for Operation Sunshine, a skin cancer awareness and prevention charity.
Nathalie Hernandez, a Dunedin student who appeared on this season's early episodes of NBC's "The Voice," also a physician's daughter, is guest singing for the band Triple Haze during the fundraiser.
Each band performs a 15-minute set before celebrity judges give their critiques and allow audience members to cast votes.
Celebrity judges will include:
- Eric Deggans, Tampa Bay Times TV/media critic
- Ron Diaz, 620 WDEA The Sports Animal radio host
- Shannon Magrane, American Idol Season 11 finalist
Local Fox 13 reporter Charley Belcher is celebrity emcee.
“Performing in front of everyone just shows how dedicated these physicians really are to helping the community,” Terry Smither, executive director of the Helen Ellis Memorial Foundation, said.
Want to Go?
- When: Nov. 10; doors open at 5:45 p.m., dinner begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Innisbrook Resort & Golf Club
- Tickets: $200 each, includes a music-inspired dinner; group and corporate tables are also available; purchase tickets at DoctorIdolTampaBay.org or by calling 727-943-3651
- Vote: Visit the website to vote in advance for your favorite "Doctor Idol."