Starlight Concert, Dunedin Cup Regatta Top Weekend Events
Looking for something to do this weekend? Look no further. We've gathered up some top events of the weekend to give you some inspiration.
- When: Friday, Sept. 28; 7 to 9 p.m.
- Why Go? It's the last free concert in the September series on Friday with the 10-piece horn band Late Night Brass. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs; well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome also. Muralist Anna Hamilton will also be at the event. Beer available for purchase.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29; 9 a.m.
- Why Go? Start your day off with a good deed picking up trash and tidying Dunedin's beloved Honeymoon Island State Park. Volunteers are welcome for beach and mangrove cleanup, trail and native plant garden maintenance, and bench restoration. (Bring your own kayak if you're helping with the mangrove cleanup!) Sign up online or call Ray at 727-415-1615.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why Go? Clean out the clutter in your medicine cabinents and reduce the chance for those expired and unused meds to get misused.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go? The Dunedin Regatta Cup is a 28-year tradition and fundraiser for the Dunedin Youth Sailing Association. Spectators are welcome to watch the big boats, kids sailboat races and more. The locations to watch are Dunedin Marina and Weaver Park.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29, 6 to 10 p.m.
- Why Go? Join the after-race party, with music and food, at the Dunedin Marina. Tickets are $15; purchase them in advance online; proceeds go to the Dunedin Youth Sailing Association.