Top Headlines: Dollar General, Missing Scotsman, Neigbhorhood Watch Disbands
Did you miss something this week on Patch? We've got you covered with this rundown of the week's top stories.
1. Despite a citizen advisory board's recommendation to the contrary, city leaders this week agreed to move forward with plans to bring a Dollar General Store to San Christopher Drive in place of a boat and auto storage lot that some call an "eyseore."
2. An emotional interaction between residents and a Pinellas County Sheriff's sergeant was the last straw for frustrated leaders of the Lyndhurst Street Neighborhood Watch group, which decided to disband.
3. A Dunedin man is in Pinellas County Sheriff's custody for allegedly pawning his stepmother's jewelry, authorities say.
4. The ability to handle large scale construction projects recently earned local firm Terbo Construction the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce Medium Size Business of the Year Award.
5. Angus, the iconic wooden cutout of a bearded Scotsman at The Celtic Shop of Dunedin, went missing last weekend. Business owner Lynn Thorn reported Angus, who greets customers in front of her downtown retail store, missing in a "Lost & Found" announcement on Dunedin Patch. Have you seen him?