Top Headlines: New Italian Restaurant, Election Winners, Death on Dunedin Causeway
OK, so you had a busy week. We understand. Let us catch you up on all the highlights!
1. Election Day has come and gone, and Dunedin Mayor Dave Eggers and Commissioner-Elect Heather Gracy are your local winners. One Dunedin precinct was the site of squabbling over political signs, and even dogs decided to get out to the polls. For one political victor, election season served as an inspiration for her three daughters.
2. The owners of Paris Hair Design are opening a new Italian restaurant, Pensare, in downtown Dunedin at the former longtime location of their hair salon.
3. A Clearwater bicyclist is dead Sunday after a tree branch became stuck in his spokes on the Dunedin Causeway and caused him to flip over his handlebars, deputies say.
4. In an open letter to Dunedin's Southside neighborhood, Commissioner Julie Ward Bujalski writes that while the city has "done quite a bit in the last few years, we know there is still more to do and we want to hear from all of you who have invested so much of yourselves in this great historical area ..."
5. A Dunedin native will soon bring the gift of craft beer to Clearwater Beach with the opening of Cork N Brew Bistro, scheduled for some time in the next few months.