Top Headlines: Sail Honeymoon, Giving Tree, and Fluoride in the Water
OK, so you had a busy week. We understand. Let us catch you up on all the highlights!
1. Patch is profiling the recent winners of the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce's business of the year honors. First up: Sail Honeymoon, a kayak and sailboat rental shop that has become a landmark on the Dunedin Causeway.
2. A Dunedin man was slapped with a felony after he allegedly punched, kicked, and spat in a deputy's face early Saturday.
3. The election of two new "pro-fluoride" candidates earlier this month has sparked the Pinellas County Commission to vote to put fluoride back into the county's drinking water. Last year, the City of Dunedin voted to keep fluoride in its water. What do you think of this controversial issue?
4. The City of Dunedin is soliciting community donations of non-perishable food items, grocery gift cards and new children's toys in the lobby at City Hall for its annual Giving Tree now through Dec. 20.
5. A Dunedin veteran recently recalled his time aboard the USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear aircraft carrier, which is scheduled to be decommissioned this month following 50 years of service.