Things to Do in Dunedin This Weekend: Shred-a-Thon, Caladesi Race, Crock Pot Cook-Off and More
Looking for things to do in Dunedin this weekend? Here's a few gems we found coming up in the calendar!
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26; 7:25 a.m.
- Where: Starts at Clearwater Beach Pier 60
- Why Go? Discover Caladesi Island during a 10-mile trail and beach race starting at Pier 60 at Clearwater Beach. You'll never see it the same way again. Race-day registration starts at 6 a.m. or register online at SignMeUp.com; $40.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: Our Lady of Lourdes southwest parking lot.
- Why Go? Clear out the clutter, save the environment AND help the homeless of Pinellas County. Take all your sensitive paper trash to Our Lady of Lourdes' Shred-a-Thon fundraiser for secure disposal. Proceeds go to feeding the homeless of Pinellas Hope; donations of $5 per regular file box and $10 per legal box.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26; 5 to 10 p.m.
- Where: Dunedin VFW Post 2550
- Why Go? Enter any crock pot dish in your repertoire — main dish, vegetable dish or dessert, you name it! —(no entry fee) for a shot at winning best dish, most unique, most creative. Then, get your fill of all the entries for $7; proceeds go to the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Cancer Aid & Research Program.
- When: Friday and Saturday, Jan. 25 and 26; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Dunedin Historical Museum
- Why Go? The Journey Stories exhibit is on loan from the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, DC, for a short time only. Check it out this weekend or anytime during Dunedin museum hours through March.
Here also, we found some dog-friendly events in the Dunedin Patch calendar:
Looking for more entertainment options in beautiful Dunedin, such as live music and dining specials? Search the Dunedin Patch calendar by date for more ideas. Or would you like to get your event featured in Patch? Add it to the calendar!