What's Open, Closed for Martin Luther King Jr Day in Dunedin
In Dunedin, the library and senior center are closed, but solid waste pickup is operating on a regular schedule. What about Honeymoon Island? Find out here.
Many offices in Dunedin and Pinellas County are closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day.
The following offices, buildings and parks are OPEN:
- Dunedin Solid Waste pickup is on a regular schedule.
- Honeymoon Island State Park is open.
- The Pinellas County scalehouse/landfill will be open regular hours from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following offices, buildings and parks are CLOSED:
- All City of Dunedin government offices are closed.
- The Dunedin Public Library is closed.
- The Hale Senior Activity Center is closed.
- Pinellas County Schools are closed.
- Pinellas County Animal Services adoption center and offices are closed.
- All Pinellas County government offices are closed.
- Pinellas County beach and boat ramp passes are not available for purchase.
- Courts of the Sixth Judicial Circuit is closed, except for first-appearance hearings and emergency situations.
- Solid Waste Administration Building and the HEC3 facility are closed.
- Administrative offices for County Parks and Conservation Resources are closed.
- The Environmental Education Center at Brooker Creek Preserve is closed.
- The Cultural and Natural History Center at Weedon Island Preserve is closed.
- Heritage Village is closed.
All offices, buildings and parks will return to regular hours on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Watch Martin Luther King Jr's famous "I Have a Dream" speech on YouTube.