Looking for a home-cooked meal, without all the fuss of cooking for hours and cleaning dishes? Here's what restaurants we found in Dunedin that will be open for dinner on Thanksgiving Day.
- When: 2 p.m.
- Call: 727-733-2000
- When: 4 to 10 p.m.
- Call: 727-738-2808
- When: noon to 6 p.m.
- Pricing: Adults in the main dining room $45, plus, tax and gratuity; Buffet is $39.95, plus 20 percent service charge and tax; children 10 and under are half price.
- Main Menu: Fire roasted Butternut Squash and Corn Bisque, fresh fruits and strawberries with Vanilla Mint Syrup; Smoked Salmon on Potato Pancakes with sour cream and wasabi caviar ($11.50); Bruschetta with Prosciutto, Mascarpone, Onion Marmalade, baby arugula and truffled honey ($11); Snails and Mushrooms with lots of garlic and a hint of curry ($9); Gulf Shrimp with classic horseradish cocktail sauce ($11.50); Jumbo Lump Crab Martini with Key Lime remoulade ($16); Lobster Cocktail with cognac dressing ($16). Main course options: Virginia Ham basted in wildflower honey and craisin glaze; Baked Salmon fillet with European cucumbers and chive hollandaise; Filet Mignon on a Crispy Eggplant Crouton with artichoke hearts and sauce bearnaise; North Carolina Turkey with old fashioned pecan stuffing, giblet gravy and cranberry-orange relish; Twin Pork Loin Steaks, pan-seared with button mushrooms, caramelized onions and chardonnay demi. Dessert options: Classic Pumpkin pie with whipped cream; Bon Appetit chocolate mouse with pirouline wafer.
- Buffet: Wisconsin cheeses; Greek-style potato salad; assorted lettuces and field greens; ahi tuna with wasabi and pickled ginger; Prince Edward Island mussels in a plum tomato sauce; edamame in rice wine mint vinaigrette; Country pate with Cumberland sauce; Gulf shrimp with horseradish cocktail sauce; assorted sausages and salamis; shaved roast beef with green peppercorn aioli; mushrooms marinated in garlic and cognac; baby mozzarella with basil pesto; house-cured salmon bruschetta; eggplant caponata; mixed olives and celery; cauliflower in tarragon vinaigrette; assorted baby tomatoes; fresh breads; Roasted North Carolina turkey with giblet gravy, carved to order; Virginia ham rubbed with brown sugar and orange glaze; Roast Prime Rib of beef with au jus; Pacific Salmon with chive remoulade; Breast of Chicken with classic Marsala sauce; Old-Fashioned baked macaroni and cheese au gratin; Penne Pasta with plum tomatoes, peppers and basil; orange cinnamon rice; Yukon Gold mashed potatoes; carrots with ginger glaze; sweet potato mash; old-fashioned pecan stuffing; green beans with toasted almonds; choice of dessert.
- When: 3 to 7 p.m.
- Pricing: Adults $23.99, children 10 and under $7.99
- Call: 727-736-5284
- Menu: Cream of Asparagus Soup with pomegranate,basil and creme fraiche; Mixed Greens tossed with Dijon vinaigrette, sun-dried cranberries, Granny Smith apples, crumbled Gorgonzola and spiced walnuts; Turducken, which is Kelly's version of K-Paul holiday classic boneless turkey, duck and chicken layered with Italian sausage and a cheddar corn stuffing roasted and finished with a creole brown turkey sauce and all the trimmings; Orange Grand Marnier Pumpkin Pie or Spiced Ginger Cheesecake with roast pears and caramel creme anglaise.
Star's Family Restaurant, 1056 Main Street, Dunedin
- Call: 727-466-1624
Did we miss you? Please let us know in the comments, and we'll add it to the list!