What to Know for Cricketers 'Cut Cancer Out' Parking Lot Party This Weekend
A full weekend of live music, hair cuts and dunk tanks, capped off with a Cancer Walk on the Dunedin Causeway all benefit the Children's Cancer Center of Tampa and the The Morton Plant Foundation's Mammogram Voucher Program.
Cricketer's "Cut Cancer Out" parking lot party kicks off today in Causeway Plaza. The three-day event features live bands, a beer truck, dunk tanks, face-painting, kids activities and raffles. On Sunday, the last day, the event is capped with a fundraiser Dunedin Causeway Cancer Walk at 4:30 p.m..
Friday, Oct. 5: Hair Drive for Angel Hair, featuring complimentary cuts by Salon De Andrade & Friends. Donate hair and you'll receive five raffle tickets. Live music: Gold-n-Fire at 6 p.m. and Strange Brew at 8 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 6: Dunk Tank contest; lots of raffles for kids and adults. Enter for $10 donation. Live music: Crossroads at 3 p.m. and Hope Darling at 8 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 7: Causeway Cancer Walk at 4:30 p.m. ($30). Live music: Ron & The Classics at 3 p.m. and Full Fledged Unit at 7 p.m.
Other Upcoming "Pink" Events In or Around Dunedin:
- 2nd Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer PINK PARTY (Oct. 6)
- "Fall Into Fashion" Fashion Show and Luncheon (Oct. 10)
- Pretty In Pink 15K & 5K (Oct. 14)
- Put on Your Pink Bra, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg (Oct. 20)
- "Breast Cancer in 2012: Where Do We Stand?" lecture at Mease Countryside Hospital in Palm Harbor (Oct. 24)