Invite a friend
Dunedin Candidate Forum
City candidates will answer questions from voters at a forum set for Sept. 26.
Mayoral candidates Dave Eggers and Bob Hackworth and Commission Seat 3 candidates David Carson and Heather Gracy will answer questions solicited from voters in advance as they are drawn randomly next Wednesday.
Information about several proposed amendments to the City of Dunedin Charter, including the possibility of term limits, will also be made available.
The forum is free to attend and will be broadcast live and re-run on City of Dunedin TV.
More About Hale Senior Activity Center
Hale Senior Activity Center offers instruction and entertainment to people older than 50.
The center offers classes on exercise, computer use, dance, music, card games and more. It offers alternative transportation to seniors who cannot travel independently and hosts the city's Committee on Aging, which holds a food drive at the center for Religious Community Services Food Bank.
The committee inducts into the Dunedin Senior Hall of Fame seniors who are older than 75 and have lived in Dunedin for 10 years. The nominees must also have devoted time to assisting their communities.
In addition, the center rents rooms out for weddings, banquets and other occasions on the weekends.
Other events here
- Senior Exercise Classes Weekly on Mondays and Fridays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Senior Ballroom Dance Lessons Weekly on Mondays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Ballroom Dance Weekly on Mondays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Duplicate Bridge Weekly on Mondays, 5:45 pm–10:00 pm
- Class: Spanish for Travelers Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Craft Workshop: Wood-Carving, Wood-Burning and Folk-Art Painting Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Tai Chi Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Duplicate Bridge Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:45 pm–4:15 pm
- HappyTaps tap class for seniors Weekly on Tuesdays, 3:15 pm–4:30 pm
- Alzheimer’s Support Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am