Invite a friend
Senior Chair Yoga
Relax your mind and body every Thursday with yoga classes at the Hale Senior Activity Center. Each session features a variety of Yoga styles to accommodate all skill levels and will help in relieving pain, stress and muscle tension. Participants will be seated in chairs in lieu of yoga mats, making this class accessible for individuals with arthritis and back problems.
|Where||Hale Senior Activity Center 330 Douglas Ave, Dunedin, FL 34698|
|Time||9:30 am–10:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Seniors|
|Price||$5 per class with rec card ($7 without); $16 per month with rec card ($24 without)|
More About Hale Senior Activity Center
Hale Senior Activity Center offers instruction and entertainment to people older than 50.
The center offers classes on exercise, computer use, dance, music, card games and more. It offers alternative transportation to seniors who cannot travel independently and hosts the city's Committee on Aging, which holds a food drive at the center for Religious Community Services Food Bank.
The committee inducts into the Dunedin Senior Hall of Fame seniors who are older than 75 and have lived in Dunedin for 10 years. The nominees must also have devoted time to assisting their communities.
In addition, the center rents rooms out for weddings, banquets and other occasions on the weekends.
Other events here
- Senior Exercise Classes Weekly on Mondays and Fridays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Senior Ballroom Dance Lessons Weekly on Mondays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Ballroom Dance Weekly on Mondays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Duplicate Bridge Weekly on Mondays, 5:45 pm–10:00 pm
- Class: Spanish for Travelers Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Craft Workshop: Wood-Carving, Wood-Burning and Folk-Art Painting Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Tai Chi Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Duplicate Bridge Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:45 pm–4:15 pm
- HappyTaps tap class for seniors Weekly on Tuesdays, 3:15 pm–4:30 pm
- Alzheimer’s Support Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am