Invite a friend
Southside Town Hall Meeting on Public Safety Concerns
Please join us on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m. at the Hale Senior Activity Center on Douglas Avenue for our latest Southside Town Hall meeting.
We will discuss drainage and street projects, safety issues, neighborhood watch opportunities, code enforcement and foreclosure problems, Dunedin Highland Middle School’s progress, recreation needs, and beautification projects.
Attendees will have plenty of time to express their concerns and future needs on all of these issues. We’ve also invited officials from the City of Clearwater to join us so that they can hear directly from you about your concerns around Union Street.
The most important element of this meeting is you!
Come work with us to make our Southside an even better place to live.
P.S. Got kids? No worries. We’ll provide onsite babysitting. Worried about dinner? We’ve got that covered, too. Hot Dogs, chips, and drinks will be served.
More About Hale Senior Activity Center
Hale Senior Activity Center offers instruction and entertainment to people older than 50.
The center offers classes on exercise, computer use, dance, music, card games and more. It offers alternative transportation to seniors who cannot travel independently and hosts the city's Committee on Aging, which holds a food drive at the center for Religious Community Services Food Bank.
The committee inducts into the Dunedin Senior Hall of Fame seniors who are older than 75 and have lived in Dunedin for 10 years. The nominees must also have devoted time to assisting their communities.
In addition, the center rents rooms out for weddings, banquets and other occasions on the weekends.
Other events here
- Senior Exercise Classes Weekly on Mondays and Fridays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Senior Ballroom Dance Lessons Weekly on Mondays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Ballroom Dance Weekly on Mondays, 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
- Duplicate Bridge Weekly on Mondays, 5:45 pm–10:00 pm
- Class: Spanish for Travelers Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Craft Workshop: Wood-Carving, Wood-Burning and Folk-Art Painting Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Tai Chi Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Duplicate Bridge Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:45 pm–4:15 pm
- HappyTaps tap class for seniors Weekly on Tuesdays, 3:15 pm–4:30 pm
- Alzheimer’s Support Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am