1. 2nd Friday Wine and Art Walk
- When: Friday, Feb. 8; 5:30 p.m.
- Where: downtown Dunedin, Pioneer Park
- Why Go? Enjoy an evening of wine tastings, gourmet foods, and prizes. Purchase a $10 wristband at select locations and be eligible for special offers, giveaways, and more from more than 40 merchants. Free music in Pioneer Park. (More info.)
2. Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit: "Journey Stories"
- When: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8 and 9; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Dunedin Historical Museum
- Why Go? The Journey Stories exhibit is on loan from the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, DC, for a short time only. Check it out this weekend or anytime during Dunedin museum hours through March. (More info.)
3. Dunedin Friends of the Library GIANT Book Sale
- When: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8 and 9; 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Dunedin Public Library
- Why Go? This annual book sale is a treasure trove for great books, CDs, DVDs and more. What's better, every cent you spend is a donation to the Friends of the Dunedin Library, a group that supplements library needs. (More info.)
4. 8th Annual Saints & Sinners Ball
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9, 6 p.m.
- Where: The Conmy Center
- Why Go? This annual party is the official kick-off of Dunedin's Mardi Gras festivities. The black-tie affair includes a gourmet buffet, top shelf beverages, gaming tables, live and silent auctions, and live music from The Bus Stop Band, all set to the "Carnival Rio" theme. (More info and pricing.)
5. Guided Nature Hike
- When: Sunday, Feb. 9; 11 a.m.
- Where: Honeymoon Island State Park
- Why Go? Learn about the "real Florida" in your own backyard during this weekly guided hike. The trek includes a 2-mile nature hike to the Bald Eagle's nest. Wear comfy shoes and bring mosquito repellent. (More info.)
Looking for more entertainment options in beautiful Dunedin, such as live music and dining specials? Search the Dunedin Patch calendar by date for more ideas. Or would you like to get your event featured in Patch? Add it to the calendar!